Kimono Tour — Rental Experience
Would you like to wear an authentic Japanese kimono in style?
Tokyo surely offers a lot of cheap kimono rental services to choose from – however, we believe that kimono experience to be something special and personal.
For this reason, we started offering our personalized kimono experience in which we will style you in a theme or colors of your choice. Do you want to try a modern edgy kimono look? Or a retro-inspired look like in the 1920s? Perhaps you want to rock a kimono or rather have a cute and traditional dress code? Choose the theme and we will do what we love most – style you from head to toe!
The kimono and accessories selected are one of a kind vintage items or from our personal collection.
Once the outfit is decided, we will dress you and explain a little about the items you are wearing. Afterwards let’s have a stroll through the neighborhood or travel to a scenic spot in Tokyo to take some pictures, casually enjoy the day and have some local delicacies if you like.
Your Foodie Adventure Japan Tour Guide will join you in kimono as well, so it is like a casual day with a friend.
✔️ A fun-packed afternoon in an authentic kimono
✔️ Fashionable and personalized kimono styling you can’t get anywhere else
✔️ Full kimono rental for ladies & gents
✔️ Private tour: only you & your Awesome Foodie Adventure Japan Tour Guide
✔️ Basic knowledge about kimono
✔️A local stroll through Tokyo’s neighborhoods
✔️ 6 edited pictures per person
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
- A fun-packed afternoon in an authentic kimono
- Fashionable and personalized kimono styling you can’t get anywhere else
- Full kimono rental for ladies & gents
- Basic knowledge about kimono
- A local stroll through Tokyo’s neighborhoods
- 6 edited pictures per person
Styles / Themes to Choose from
- Fashion / Harajuku
- Taisho Roman / Retro MoGa (1920s)
- Western clothing x Kimono mix
- Or just let us know your favorite colors and look.
Locations / Activities
- Temple / Japanese Garden / Historical Japanese houses (Taisho, Showa)
- Street fashion edition: Edgy / Architecture / Harajuku / Game Center / Fun park
- Tourist locations / famous Tokyo sights
- Scenic retro café /restaurant/neighborhood stroll
- Seasonal: Flower viewing (cherry blossom etc.), Ice skating etc.
What to Bring / Prepare
- Ladies: Wear a tank top and if possible sports bra or a no-wire bra
- Men: tank top or low collar / v-neck shirt
- Makeup is not included / Hair can be done if preferred (Makeup artist can be arranged for a surcharge)
- Depending on the styling you may bring your own shoes/accessories if you like
- Please tell me your body height and clothing size in advance
- A picture of you in advance, so I can pick out the best outfit for you
- Some change for train & food
Other Things you may Need to Know
- When booking please let me know your body height & clothing size and preference of style & location. (We are happy to also suggest something based on your interests.)
- We will individually plan the day based on your preferences.
- Photos will be taken in a natural setting outside on the street or in another of our destinations. We will need up to 1 week to prepare the pictures and send you the data online.
- If we travel by train you will need to pay for your own ticket.
- Tours need to be fully pre-paid / Cancellations up to 3 days prior to the tour are fully refundable. Cancellations after or a no-show will result in full charge.
- In case of bad weather conditions, a re-schedule is possible.