Kimono Tour — Shopping Tour
Would you like to buy a Japanese kimono as a souvenir or perhaps are looking to start wearing the traditional garment and don’t know where to begin?
As a passionate kimono wearer, we are happy to guide you to our favorite vintage or new kimono shops in Tokyo. Not only do we know the best places for gorgeous and affordable kimono in town, but as a stylist with deep knowledge about the garments, we can help you put together a complete outfit according to your wishes and budget.
Whether you are just visiting Japan or actually live here: With kimono shops being scrambled all over the place in Tokyo, it can get overwhelming to find gorgeous one-of-a-kind kimono.
Not knowing where, how and what items are needed to complete a kimono outfit, initially held us back several years before we started out with kimono. Helping to realize your kimono dreams comfortably and in a fun way is what we are here for.
What does this Kimono Shopping Tour offer?
✔️Personal shopping tour customized to your needs and budget
✔️Introduction of local shops off the beaten path
✔️Help selecting the right items and size, styling of complete outfits
✔️Learn about kimono in detail and get all your questions answered
✔️A fun local guided experience through Tokyo
✔️Everyone is welcome, not only ladies!
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
IncludedPersonal GuidePrivate Tour
Not IncludedDessertDrinkLunchTokyo Delicacies
- Personal shopping tour customized to your needs and budget
- Introduction of local shops off the beaten path
- Help selecting the right items and size, styling of complete outfits
- Learn about kimono in detail and get all your questions answered
- A fun local guided experience through Tokyo
- Everyone is welcome, not only ladies!
Styles / Themes to Choose from
- Fashion / Harajuku
- Taisho Roman / Retro MoGa (1920s)
- Western clothing x Kimono mix
- Or just let us know your favorite colors and look.
Locations / Activities
- Temple / Japanese Garden / Historical Japanese houses (Taisho, Showa)
- Street fashion edition: Edgy / Architecture / Harajuku / Game Center / Fun park
- Tourist locations / famous Tokyo sights
- Scenic retro café /restaurant/neighborhood stroll
- Seasonal: Flower viewing (cherry blossom etc.), Ice skating etc.
What to Bring / Prepare
- Ladies: Wear a tank top and if possible sports bra or a no-wire bra
- Men: tank top or low collar / v-neck shirt
- Makeup is not included / Hair can be done if preferred (Makeup artist can be arranged for a surcharge)
- Depending on the styling you may bring your own shoes/accessories if you like
- Please tell me your body height and clothing size in advance
- A picture of you in advance, so I can pick out the best outfit for you
- Some change for train & food
Other Things you may Need to Know
- When booking please let me know your body height & clothing size and preference of style & location. (We are happy to also suggest something based on your interests.)
- We will individually plan the day based on your preferences.
- Photos will be taken in a natural setting outside on the street or in another of our destinations. We will need up to 1 week to prepare the pictures and send you the data online.
- If we travel by train you will need to pay for your own ticket.
- Tours need to be fully pre-paid / Cancellations up to 3 days prior to the tour are fully refundable. Cancellations after or a no-show will result in full charge.
- In case of bad weather conditions, a re-schedule is possible.